Gel Plate Drawing Transfer Monoprint with Acrylic Paint and Colored Pencils
I’m almost finished making these Gel Plate Drawing Transfer Monoprints, I promise… I can’t help all the fun I’m having with Acrylic Paint and Colored Pencils. If you’re new around here, you can find a list of the previous (5) posts from my deep dive into ballpoint pen gel plate monoprints below.
If you’re a long-time neighbor (hello, how are you? Have a cookie. 🍪) and you’re not a gelli plate printer – I will post some watercolors and linocut experiments very soon. Thanks for your patience while I sallied forth into gelli plate print quadrilles.
Links to Gel Plate Drawing Transfer Monoprint with Acrylic Posts
If you’re new to this process, there are five previous posts in this series on my blog, so here they are in order.
- The first gel monoprint post features a girl on a sailboat and all the links where I learned how to make one, as well as the basic supplies necessary to get started.
- My second gel plate and ballpoint post is a monoprint of a girl practicing at the piano, with lots of process photos and some inspiration from other printmakers around the internet.
- Then, the third gelli plate monoprint post is a still life around a dinner table, with process tips to pay attention to based on a few of the hiccups I stumbled upon.
- The fourth monoprint gelli plate with ballpoint is a couple of dogs, in a smaller format, with encouragement to stay the course with this printmaking process, till your efforts start to really bear fruit (it is worth it).
- The fifth gel plate ballpoint drawing transfer is a little larger, and its a portrait of a dad twirling his little girl in the backyard, with links to some inspiring essays and videos that are art-related.
California Summer Adventures
I just started a small, figurative linocut, and two watercolors, during some California summertime adventuring.
Let me know if you’d like to hear about recent boating exploits over on Catalina Island (see the water below). There was swimming, hiking, and art-making involved, so it’s not too far afield of this art blog… pinky promise.
Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you in the next post –
All you need to know and observe in yourself is this: Whenever you feel superior or inferior to anyone, that’s the ego in you.Eckharte Tolle