Pen and Ink Watercolor: Lean In Three (new demo video)

Productive in the Studio

Happy September to you! Fall Art Festivals will start for me this weekend (If you’re in Thousand Oaks, CA, be sure to visit the Thousand Oaks Arts Festival and say hello!), and there are no less than five projects underway in my studio. It’s a race to the finish line to get deadlines met, show layouts completed and art packed and delivered, but it’s All Good.

New Pen and Ink Tutorial Video

I just posted a video of the pear art above on my youtube channel (see below), and I’m wondering if the next video should be an introduction to the Winsor & Newton Cotman branded watercolor travel “pocket palette” with a overview of the difference between professional grade and “student grade” watercolors? What do you think? Be sure to subscribe to the channel so you don’t miss any of the upcoming demos

If there’s something you’d like to see on my channel, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment here or in the comment section on the channel. I really love hearing from readers, because you peeps are loaded to the eye lashes with great ideas. ♥

Art in Process: a demonstration of pen and ink on watercolor paper

The pears were past yummy, but still suitable for a still life study 🙂

Pen and Ink Still Life in process with the studio cat inspecting the fruit set up for the art underway

Scout the studio assistant, wondering if there was anything edible in this still life arrangement

Here is a short video of the process to make the pen and ink watercolor still life at the top of this post. If you don’t see the video window below, you can watch it on my youtube channel here.

Thanks for stopping in and I’ll see you in the next post!

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

~Roald Dahl (1916-1990)

How to Title Your Art Video Course

Struggling with creative titles on your work? Let me help you with that…

Summary
Pen and Ink Still Life Tutorial painting with Watercolor (#2)
Title
Pen and Ink Still Life Tutorial painting with Watercolor (#2)
Description

Step by Step demonstration video of a pen and ink watercolor still life of pears on a plate, over a patterned cloth by artist Belinda Del Pesco

11 Responses to Pen and Ink Watercolor: Lean In Three (new demo video)

1. Janet Catmull 19/09/2015 at 11:44 am #

Hi B — I love your past couple paintings with still life objects over a printed cloth. They’re really pretty! I may try one as a break from Cornish seascapes, if I can find a still life setup in my house somewhere. 🙂 See U soon!

2. Marilyn Thuss 15/09/2015 at 11:49 am #

Thanks Belinda. I love learning from you. You are a natural teacher, as well as, an incredible artist…..
    Marilyn

• Belinda DelPesco 15/09/2015 at 1:10 pm #

Thanks so much, Marilyn! I feel like I have a loooong way to go (on both fronts), so I appreciate your encouragement. 🙂

3. Sharon Lynn Williams 15/09/2015 at 9:53 am #

Hi Belinda: I have been using the Cotman Field sketch kit for years in my pen, ink and wc work and have noticed that the paint is far superior to the Cotman wc in tubes. I had the pleasure of meeting a high up person in W&N and I asked him about this. He confided in me that the formulation of the Cotman pans is indeed very different from what is in the tubes, much higher pigment load and different binder formulation that allows them to be rewetted more easily. Thought you might be interested in that.
    Cheers
    Sharon

• Belinda DelPesco 15/09/2015 at 1:15 pm #

Hi Sharon, This is very interesting indeed, and it corroborates snippets I heard a few years ago about this inconsistency. I’ve used both tube and pan watercolors from Winsor & Newton Cotman, and will have to do some tests now to see if the different ratios are subtle, or acutely evident. Thank you so much for reminding me/confirming this information. Much obliged! 🙂

4. lvetopaint08 15/09/2015 at 9:27 am #

Your glazes are always so beautiful and rich in color! Thanks for these wonderful video demos!

5. Takeyce Walter 15/09/2015 at 7:05 am #

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your genius with us, Belinda!

• Belinda DelPesco 15/09/2015 at 1:19 pm #

My dear Takeyce! Genius? Well, darlin’, for that, you get a bear hug and some peanut brittle. I wish we lived closer so I could deliver for real. Your work is amazing, and I’m thrilled by your compliment. Thank you. xo

1. Review of Hahnemühle Watercolor Paper and a Giveaway!(closed) - Belinda Del Pesco - 08/06/2018

[…] Using Sakura Pigma Micron ink pens on Hahnemühle Bamboo Mixed Media paper (pen and ink tutorial is here) […]

Write something.... only artists like to talk about art, so let's talk!