Apr

Watercolor: Warm Sheets (back from San Diego Artwalk)

WarmSheets72watercolor

Warm Sheets 4×5 watercolor (sold)

I’m back from the San Diego Artwalk (see photos below), and it was delightful. Now, this weekend, May 2 & 3, I’ll be at the Sierra Madre Art Fair in booth #5 at Memorial Park behind City Hall (222 West Sierra Madre Blvd). If you live in or near Los Angeles, swing by the Art Fair for some fine art, live music and a late afternoon chorus from the wild, green parrots that occupy the trees in the park. As I mentioned in previous posts, I’ll be moving my studio next week (yikes!), so I’m earnest-as-a-hand-truck about reducing the load before boxing, heaving & transporting all this art to my new studio. ????

Are you interested in photos of the old vs new studio? The two spaces aren’t super different, but I think it’s interesting to see the layout and set up of where artists make their scribbles. Let me know in the comments.

SanDiegoArtwalk

Saturday at the San Diego Artwalk was drizzling on and off, and cloudy, but art lovers walked the show, regardless of the chilly temps!

greyhoundinmybooth

Patrons lounging in my booth; San Diego is where the beautiful people (and dogs) live. This one has been visiting me for years, so we’re old pals.

sandiegoartwalk

Sunday at the San Diego Atwalk: Sunshine, Blue Skies and big crowds

John Everett Millais’ (1829-1896) painting of Ophelia was purchased on 10 December 1851 by the art dealer Mr Henry Farrer for 300 guineas (a guinea was 21 shillings, one shilling was worth 12 old pence –  about $1200). Mr Farrer already owned several works by Millais; Christ in the House of His Parents (‘The Carpenter’s Shop’) 1849-50 and Mariana 1851.

Farrer sold it to a keen Pre-Raphaelite collector called Mr BG Windus who then sold it in 1862 to a Mr Graves for 748. Mr Gambart owned it from 1864, followed by a Mr W Fuller Maitland from 1872 and again in 1892. Sir Henry Tate bought it in September 1892, and then presented it to the nation as part of the Sir Henry Tate Gift in 1894.

8 Responses to Watercolor: Warm Sheets (back from San Diego Artwalk)

1. chrislally 05/22/2015 at 2:23 pm #

Would love to see the studio shots. Thanks for your willingness to share them.
    And “Warm Sheets” is a beautiful painting!

2. Barbara Muir 05/08/2015 at 8:23 am #

I love studio shots, and would love to see yours. Big job moving everything I imagine. 🙂
    XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

3. Kim Minichiello 05/01/2015 at 11:27 am #

Good luck with the move!! Would love for you to share the studio. It’s always fascinating to see other artists spaces where they create!

4. Lenore Grubinger 04/30/2015 at 10:21 am #

you are fab Miss Del Pesco. Of Course I want to see shots of the old and the new?
    will it be in your home still, or off site location? more light for shooting video? Wish i could stroll to you in Sierra Madre,
    have fun!

5. Yvonne Browne 04/30/2015 at 10:08 am #

I would to love to see your old studio where you created all that wonderful inspirational art. I have been a printmaker for years and yet I find something to try each time I log on to your blog.

6. dccutter 04/30/2015 at 9:36 am #

Yes, before and afters, please, Belinda!

7. Mary Ellen 04/29/2015 at 10:53 pm #

You know we’re dying to see the new studio, and how it compares to he old! See you in Sierra Madre with my Stella!

8. martinealison 04/29/2015 at 7:11 pm #

Bonjour,

Une très belle aquarelle … qui est je dirais même sensuelle avec ses draps repliés… Une très jolie palettes de couleurs.
    Je suis certaine que vous passez des moments délicieux avec la plupart de vos clients… Une exposition qui me plairait bien de visiter, dommage que vous soyez loin pour moi !
    Je vous souhaite un vif succès.

❀ Gros bisous ❀

C'mon, Write something.... we'll wax poetic about art & making things!